Urgent Letter of the National Youth Council of Ukraine to the international community
24th of February will Russian forces invaded Ukraine by land, air and sea and it is the biggest attack by one state against another in Europe since World War ІІ. Russia's leadership, led by Putin, has approved the movement of troops into Ukraine, which would be the beginning of a major war on the European continent. Russian missiles rained down on Ukrainian cities. There are reported columns of troops pouring across borders into the eastern Chernihiv, Sumy, Kharkiv and Luhansk regions, and landing by sea at the port cities of Odessa and Mariupil, Kherson region in the south. The aggressor began artillery shelling of the territory and settlements of Ukraine along the state border. The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is repelling an air attack by the invader. Martial law was imposed from 5:30 on February 24, 2022 for a period of 30 days. The President made the decision in connection with the military aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine and on the basis of the proposal of the National Security and Defense Council.
The National Youth Council of Ukraine as a solidary civil society and representation of youth in Ukraine, to the last minute we have supported exclusively diplomatic ways to resolve the Russian aggression. We continue to emphasize that peace is an ongoing process of building inclusive societies, which requires constant effort and attention and the role of youth organizations is crucial in this process.
Also, we inform that it is rather difficult to carry out evacuation abroad of our activists as from various parties of border fights are conducted. At the same time we are ready to help young people in Ukraine to obtain permission and find a solution to evacuate from Ukraine through our international contacts.
At the same time when our beautiful country is under full-scale war and the lives of young people are under threat, it is impossible to be silent and do not talk about the future of Europe without Ukraine.
We call on all the whole civilized world to stand with Ukraine and stop Russian aggression:
- we ask European Youth Forum member organizations and national youth councils, and its members became proactive citizens of all countries to reach our their governments, members of parliaments, ongressperson/senate representative, businesses who dealing with Russia federation, European Parliament, Council of Europe and demand heavy sanctions and full trade embargo to the Russian Federation with disconnection from SWIFT, and other until military occupation will stop;
- Financial and humanitarian assistance for Ukraine is crucial, especially directly to the civic society organizations. As active citizens they are the first to support people in need during this period of time through humanitarian actions for local communities.
- ensure security and financial support to civic activists and youth leaders in Ukraine, as in the conditions of full-scale war they will be the first to face the threat of repression and persecution, become political prisoners or to be taken prisoner by the aggressor. We are encouraged to be prepared for the humanitarian crisis of migration. Youth nongovernmental organizations would stand for delivering better humanitarian action for youth in Ukraine, population and militants.
- Ukrainian forces weapon supply and equipment to protect the future of Ukraine.
- Bank account for supporting NYCU member organizations for humanitarian actions: UA063510050000026000878990396 (UAH). Due to martial law all transactions available only at UAH, ukrainian hryvnia, or contact email@example.com for being in touch with youth organizations leaders for transaction for private multi currency accounts.
- Please, let us know if you could help young people from Ukraine to support relocation to your country.
If no immediate actions are taken, world history will remember this day as the day of Western disgrace and utter failure of foreign policy towards Russia.
Stand with Ukraine!
NYCUkraine leadership is ready to participate in any international format for dialogue for peace and would like confirmation to all structures who are inviting for such an event!
Thank You for Support of Ukraine and youth for peace and security in Europe!